“Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”
Depression as defined by doctors is a weakness that involves the physical, psychological aspects of a human being and that affects his feeling about himself & thinking about things, this also affects the person’s eating & sleeping system which drives him/her toward a self enclosure.
Here i share with you 5 things are very important to fight this feeling:
- You’re the master of your world, never lower your self-esteem, as you may notice you’re always thinking about yourself as someone with all the weakness, well you should definitely erase this idea from your mind, everyone of us has his own power and weakness, no one is a perfect human being.
- Above aspects drives us toward another very important thing which is comparison, comparing yourself to others will by all odds drive negativity to your mood, as you will be regretting not having things that others are enjoying, well first of all enjoy what you have, no one is living the life of his dreams, we just should have good time experiencing what we have and keep you mind open to explore new things in life.
- Never Stay Alone, well sometimes we need to stay alone to gather our ideas or to just relax from others, or to plan for your own life which is definitely normal, but this is not to be kept as daily routine, staying alone increases the rate of auto criticisms which occurs to negative thinking, staying alone for a while & from time to time is good thing, while being alone everyday is not.
- Keep yourself busy. Reading, exercising, cooking, socializing, … etc, these are great natural antidepressant that keeps you well protected against negative feelings. These activities push your mind to release neurotransmitters such as dopamine which is naturally increase enjoyment and Serotonin which keeps the person’s motivation at high level.
- Take care of your health: having good and healthy meals, taking advantage of night hours for sleeping, having good time showering & acquiring positive energy from sun light, this is a small list of things that empower your health and lower the effect of depression in your life.