This question is highlighting two concepts “Confidence & Self-esteem” but in fact it’s a single process.
“Confidence” as you can define it as having the strong belief on yourself.
“Self Esteem” is the process it self of believing in yourself.
so the purpose of this start is that by boosting you self-esteem, you’re getting confidence in yourself.
you cannot separate these two terms, so in order to have confidence in yourself you need to get to know yourself and start being positive about it.
Let’s open this path, the person you are today is the person you built yesterday and the day before, so how can you build your self-esteem if you do not know who you are and how did you get to this situation.
- Get to know yourself : List the most destructive moments in your life, then List the most positive moment that you’ve lived.
- Learn from your past: it’s not a bad idea to get back to your past once, you should get to remember it in order to sum up the lessons that you’ve learned and then let the bad memory to go away.
- Set your your Positive moments as future influence: you have lived positive moment in which you’ve been happy and feeling great so why not being happy again once more, so get your happy moment as influencer for your future plans.
- Set Goals: Start by Small reachable goals that will let you believe that you can achieve things and get results from your actions. then believe in bigger things after breaking the small ones.
- Draw your most impossible horizon that you do not believe you’ll end up reaching it, just draw it and keep it as your perfect dream.
now, as you’re trying to know yourself more and more, you’ll need to develop yourself, how can you measure your self-esteem, is by the things that you can and can’t do, if you’re a lazy person that spends the day in sleeping, eating and flipping TV channels, well this a minus 10 point of your self esteem grading as you’re not doing anything that makes you special, or at least makes you proud of yourself.
- get new knowledge: learn something new, the internet nowadays is making everything closer than ever, learn new skills, get new courses, have new vocabulary.
- develop your mind by reading: i mean read books and magazines about new inventions, about flourishing knowledge, not getting daily news and reading negative news, and problems everywhere (it’s good to know what’s happening in the world but do not focus your 100% of your gray matter and your brainpower on other’s problems)
- get to know new people, but bear in mind that helpful people are those who will get you to step forward into your path not those who will get you back and stop you from going toward your dreams.
PS: even that i don’t believe that people can stop you from reaching your most wanted things, those who are building that wall in front you, get rid of them the soonest, step up of the wall before they build it higher.
- get to actions not only words: this is to mean that if you’re willing to start a habit of reading 500 word article, don’t just say it and write it on your notebook , and say i will do that tomorrow. NO NO NO!!! this is not how you will start your life changing process. if you’re willing to change, take actions, not the tiring actions but start small and get bigger.
- change your daily mood by changing, at least a single minute in your daily life, this is to mean, you can live to day as same as you lived yesterday, same waking time, same work, same roads, same meals, same everything, but at least 1 single minute of your day do something that you did not do yesterday and keep it changing everyday. once you get used to it you will be able to change 2 min of your life, and then 3, then 4 then 5 min and you’ll get going with it.
And Now that you started to develop your daily life and started to enjoy it, you’re definitely starting to have positive grades of your self-esteem day by day, step by step and you’re earning confidence that makes you able to continue toward your path and your unreachable horizon that you’ve drawn earlier and that land that you were not seeing is starting to appear day by day.
I can assure you that once you start seeing that land , you’ll never stop until you step your feet on its sand.
Drihem.Zouheir On Quora